Local Manufacturing company is searching for an experienced QA Manager to be responsible for leading the Quality Department in achieving operational excellence and continuous quality improvement objectives through assuring consistent quality of production by maintaining and enforcing quality manufacturing controls; validating processes; providing documentation; and managing staff.
MUST have the following:
• Bachelor's or American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified as a Certified Quality Engineer.
• Knowledge of the American Welding Society AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code – Steel.
• Minimum of 5 years recent experience of successful quality management in steel fabrication or similar manufacturing environment.
• Must possess exceptional leadership, communication, written and verbal presentation, and team-building skills. At least 5 years of people management experience including strong competencies in talent identification and development, coaching and mentoring is required.
• Must be familiar with a wide range of equipment and tools used in steel manufacturing, and have the ability to read and understand drawings, work orders, safety rules, and various manuals.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook, along with ERP/MRP manufacturing software. (will be tested)
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds & perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials
• Must be able to work in an outside manufacturing environment for long shifts, including weekends
• Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, and a safety-minded individual
• Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme temperatures and loud noise
• Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources
• Develops and maintains systems to establish standards related to Quality Control activities and products and measures performance against established standards.
• Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products.
• Analyze data on the effectiveness of the QC Department and evaluate where continual improvements can be made.
• Guides employees engaged in measuring and testing the product and tabulating data concerning materials, product or process quality, and reliability.
• Assures the tests are performed in accordance with the Company's and Customer's standards and specifications.
• Creates, validates, and implements company procedures and specifications.
• Effectively communicates and resolves issues arising out of the production processes, as related to quality, across all levels of the organization.
• Maintains all project-related inspection documentation, and monitors adherence to standards and actively checks for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
• Reports changes in standards (both internally and externally initiated) and performance against standards.
• Ensures that the Quality Manual is properly written and maintained.
• Ensures that all new hires are properly trained, developed, and appraises staff effectively. Provides updated training as necessary.
• Oversees the training material is correct and in compliance.
• Ensures that the Company and Employees maintain appropriate certifications.
• Promotes and acts upon employees' ideas for improvements in areas of quality, safety and work environment.
• Coordinates special quality projects/studies as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Pay $80k/yr DOE Good benefits
** If you do not fully qualify, you will not receive a response **