Direct Hire, Health Insurance provided, $23/hour
Cost Accountant (North Central, LA): Assist in tracking, reporting, and accountability of plant assets and related production reporting. Serve as a short-term replacement in the absence of the Accounting Specialist in all capacities, and the Finance Manager in key duties.
Role Qualifications: (Required) & (Preferred)
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting (R)
Experience: 2 to 4 Years Job Experience in Inventory Control/Accountability (P); Formal training or 2 to 4 Years Job Experience in Excel (P); 2 to 4 years Job Experience Multitask Environmental (P)
Areas of Knowledge: Microsoft AX Dynamics or similar ERP Cost Accounting System; Inventory Tracking and Flow Analysis; Manufacturing Process and Flow; Health & Safety; Multitasking (all required)
Skills: Intermediate to Advanced Computer Literacy and Navigation, Mastery of 10 key calculator, Project Management, Good analytical organization and communication skills, Self-Motivation, Able to work well with others (all required)
Global Accountabilities for the Role:
- Safety/Environmental: Establish and maintain a safe work environment and work habits.
- Quality: Complete areas of accountability with professionalism and in pressured time frames.
- Productivity: Analyze and streamline areas of accountability to work as efficiently as possible.
- Cost/Stewardship: Work efficiently as possible, conserving supplies and other Company provisions wherever possible
Specific Accountabilities for the Role:
- Routine Product Costing for Tubing and Fittings Products.
- Sales Reporting and Cost of Goods Sold - Reconcile for daily and monthly closing and reporting.
- Product Returns coordinator and sales contact.
- Responsible for labor for Shopfloor systems including weekly and month-end reconciliation for both temporary personnel.
- Review conversion invoices and receipts -- checking for reasonableness and ensuring proper procedures are followed.
- Cross-train on AX and Shopfloor transactions and other duties of the Accounting Specialist.
- Cross-train to learn WIP and Production Variance analysis and annual department budgets.
- Assist with annual physical inventories.
- Assist with SOX and audit requests.
- Assist with tax and other incentive programs.
- Assist with other analysis and reporting as needed.